Friday, April 24, 2009

Maxi Mounds Infection

Italians abroad: the light at the end of the tunnel?

"Max said it was over, that there was no longer 'hope, that it was unnecessary to write about Italians abroad and here you are writing again. What happened? "I asked with a squint in this cold day in April my friend at the bar in the Porto da Barra, Salvador, Bahia.
The cold and rain are the masters in this period and nobody comes out of the house if you can '. As usual in this town 'when it rains collapsed houses built in the favelas and invacoes with brittle material. And above all, people die. How 'happened to a girl a month in the favela of Gamboa, Outline and' was killed by a rock that broke off from the soil friable, has made it to pieces. Favela
of Gamboa. E 'is this the answer to my friend. I was there. Li 'Valieri I met Daniel, a boy of forty years, dogged by bad luck and bad people, but also very naive'. After visiting our poor fellow who lived in inhuman conditions I wrote in December A 2008 article that touched many people. I have received many emails of solidarity '. However, the situation of Daniel is not 'changed. The Honorary Consul of El Salvador has not lifted a finger to help Daniel, who continued to live in a hellish situation. Read the article in my blog to find out the details.

stopped writing after I began to interact with a group of Italians abroad of the real ones who live abroad and who know our problems seriously. Do not politicians who are resident abroad and live happily ever in Italy. Abroad are just passing through, are elected and then disappear. To elect our fault you say readers. And you are right because it 's our fault even though the shadow of fraud and' always there when it comes to voting abroad.

At first I was a bit 'skeptical but gradually this community' of Italians abroad won me over. People ranging from 'Australia to Germany, Brazil to the U.S., from Japan to Europe: they are people who know well the problems of Italians abroad. Sometimes lively discussions on political issues and so I created a blog that speaks only of the problems of the communities' abroad Italian in which all participate, so as of right to left. The blog has sought to address problems such as the pension received abroad, the rights of Italians abroad, what it means to be 'in various countries around the world, etc..

What does this have to ask you my dear reader? Got to do and many more. 'Cause yesterday is not the case after hearing him for months, I called Daniel. With a broken voice informed me that, abandoned by all, he had no money even to pay the rent in the favela. He would go to live under the bridge of the outline. When he told me what 'I avutro a shiver down my spine.
Bridge of Stroke. When I went there 'to visit Daniel did not know they lived' near. I discovered later, when I followed his instructions which I had given by phone.
The bridge of the edge is' something disgusting: rats, cockroaches, syringes, garbage, broken glass. And the access road to the favela, and probably the site of drug dealing of the place. The quagmire that is created when rain is drowning his shoes. Li 'are dilapidated houses, abandoned, without electricity'. So you think my dear readers. Places like 'there are in Italy. But do not believe me.
Here in South America to the disgust of the sanitary conditions are inhuman poverty scrum 'extreme of some that live in the favelas that can kill without mercy' to get the jeans, 'cause the shoes did not have anyone who lives' and then even Daniel.

Without hesitation, I contacted the group of Italians abroad, my new friends. I will not mention 'the names of people' cause it would be unfair to exclude some. There are many anonymous heroes who were mobilized immediately, without hesitation and without knowing absolutely Daniel. Such a 'sudden solidarity' frankly surprised me. Some have offered to help financially Daniel, we all wrote to the embassy, \u200b\u200bthe Foreign Office to elected politicians abroad. With the exception of Fabio Porta has promised that his sudden interest in any of these responded.
Then the "miracle". The consul in Rio de Janeiro, very good person just arrived in Rio, Umberto Malnati wrote to us saying they were allocated one thousand reais to help Daniel get out of hell where he was. Moreover, the situation will be 'followed in the future. And to say that he knew all the honorary consul for months and did nothing. Small step forward that will save 'the life of Daniel, at least for the moment.
But, the 'joy of being able to really help and not an Italian word indigent there' s a fact that should make us think.
The solidarity 'between international and concrete Italians abroad has helped one of our fellow not to die of starvation. It 's a fact. It is a light at the end of the tunnel of Italians abroad. Forse la sola e unica via di aiutare gli italiani all’estero, abbandonati dai politici, e’ di aiutarci tra di noi. Come nel caso di Daniele.

0 comments:

Post a Comment